By Catherine McCord
Fourth of July Wands (makes 20 wands)
Prep Time:5 minutes, Total Time: 20 minutes,
2 pints blueberries
1. Slice the watermelon into 1/2 inch round slices, and then cut out star shapes using a three-inch star-shaped cookie cutter.
2. Gently slide the blueberries on wooden skewers* and finally place a watermelon star on the top.
3. Place the skewers in a tall glass or in decorated floral foam as an eatable centerpiece.
* If serving to young kids make sure they’re careful with the wooden skewers.
Red, White & Blue Parfait (serves 4 )
Prep Time:1 minutes, Total Time: 5 minutes,
1 cup grape-nuts cereal
1 cup greek yogurt
1 cup raspberries
1 cup blueberries
1. In a glass or serving bowl, layer Grape-Nuts Cereal, Greek yogurt, raspberries, grape-nuts, Greek yogurt, and blueberries. Repeat in that order until you fill your glass or serving bowl.
Catherine McCord launched Weelicious in 2007, providing a solution to parents’ hectic lives by showing them how to cook recipes that are kid-friendly, quick and nutritious. With a background in culinary arts from New York City’s prestigious Institute of Culinary Education, and a passion for food, Catherine has developed recipes that appeal to a range of ages. Weelicious focuses on educating kids and involving them in the process with how-to cooking videos featuring Catherine’s own two children.