By Catherine McCord
Pumpkin Pie Parfaits
(makes 10 parfaits)
Prep Time: 10 min.
I’ve got two little whipped cream addicts on my hands. It’s no mystery why to me because the apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree. Whenever my mom served pie during the holidays (usually pumpkin, chess and/or pecan) she would hand out each slice…
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup whipped cream cheese, or non-whipped at room temperature
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
2 sleeves graham crackers, crushed (about 2 1/2 cups)
10 8-ounce mason jars
1. In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, cream cheese, pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar with an electric mixer until thoroughly combined, about 2 minutes.
2. In a separate bowl, or in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the heavy cream and powdered sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
3. Layer the parfait ingredients into mason jars in this order: graham crackers, pumpkin cream cheese mixture, whipped cream. Continue to layer to fill the jar, at least 2 layers of each ingredient.
4. Serve chilled.
Whipped Coconut Sweet Potatoes (makes 4 servings )
Prep Time: 1 hr,Cook Time: 5 min.
I first fell in love with the combination of coconut and sweet potatoes when my kids were babies. Sweet potatoes are totally lovely on their own, but trying to make them fluffy without adding milk or cream (which are not good for immature tummies) is a…
2 large sweet potatoes
1/2 cup coconut milk, warmed
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
unsweetened coconut flakes, optional
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Poke holes in the sweet potatoes and place on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour, or until fork tender. Allow to cool slightly.
3. Peel the skin off the sweet potatoes. It will easily peel off using your fingertips.
4. Place the sweet potato pulp, coconut milk, maple syrup, ground cinnamon and salt in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer, or in the bowl of a stand mixer, until thoroughly combined and fluffy.
5. Sprinkle with coconut if desired