By Elissa Goodman
There are a handful of supplements that I recommend to almost all of my female clients over 40 – and I take all of them myself too! They are key for overall health and memory preservation. My list includes:
Pure Synergy Multi Vita Min Herb for Women
I think it is super important for most people to take a multivitamin and this is my favorite one for women. It is wonderful for brain health but contains nutrients that help with many other aspects of health such as hormone balance, increased energy, clear and focused mind, healthy hair, skin and nails, and more.
By Shamim Sarif
Around the world – and close to home – as many as four million people each year are trafficked for forced labor and sexual exploitation. Sadly, about 50% of those are children. Now, Headwaters Relief Organization, an international non-profit disaster relief organization, is teaming with me to raise funds to educate communities about these risks, and support those who have experienced trafficking.
Headwaters Relief Organization Founder Rebecca Thomley, PsyD told me, “We have encountered trafficking nationally and internationally in our disaster work.” Her organization supports the needs of families and communities after tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, fires and man-made disasters. She added, “Traffickers may take advantage of children and families made vulnerable by these conditions.” (more…)
By Lauren Haas
1 tablespoon 2 tablespoons 2 teaspoon
cauliflower, chopped into florets (about 1 1/2 lbs.) roasted garlic cloves (or you just sauté them) broth or unsweetened almond milk
fresh dill leaves
fresh chives, chopped salt and pepper, to taste (more…)
By Lauren Haas
Studies show 80% of people that make New Year’s resolutions fail by February.
Instead of making unrealistic resolutions like, loose 20 pounds, exercise everyday, only eat organic or take on an extreme way of eating, use my Simple WOW Tips to achieve a life full of health, happiness and balance.
1. Eat real food from the earth not a factory: That means loading your plate up with vegetables, fruits, organic meat, wild fish, nuts, seeds, gluten free grains, beans and healthy fats like avocado, olive oil, coconut oil and organic ghee. (more…)
By Chef Gerard Viverito
Back in the 80s, the only cooking oil in home pantries was probably all-purpose vegetable oil (the exact vegetable a mystery). Today’s home cooks have many healthy cooking oil options, but it can be confusing trying to learn when to use them. If you’ve ever heated oil to the point where it starts to smoke, then you have exceeded its smoke point. Once it gets too hot, the oil just isn’t fit for consumption. Some oils can handle high heat better than others.
What’s the big deal about a little smoke? It’s not just the annoying high-pitched beep of your smoke detector going off. When an oil is heated beyond its smoke point, its molecular structure begins breaking down. It may even form trans fats. The oil may lose its nutritional value and give your food a bitter or burnt taste. The smoke from overheated oils isn’t even healthy to inhale. Once it starts smoking, the oil really shouldn’t be consumed. (more…)
By Virginie Degryse
Butternut Squash-Apple Soup
Time: 1 h
Coming fall these are my favorite flavors… I think that the apples bring a sweetness to the soup that makes it delicious! Sprinkle some seeds, some
crispy quinoa, chopped apples to make it more fancy!
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, cut, seeds removed and chopped
- 2 small apples, cored and chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2-3 tsp of olive oil
- 2 tsp of turmeric
- 1 tsp of ginger
- 1/2 tsp of chili powder
- 4-5 cups of stock
- Salt and pepper
Whether you homeschool, send your kids to school or go to school yourself, there are several different essential oils that can help transition from summer back to early mornings and homework.
1. In Tune. Designed to enhance the body’s ability to focus and support healthy thought processes. Whether you are the child, the parent or the teacher (or both!) this blend can help you focus and stay on task. Apply to the bottom of the feet morning and night and whenever needed throughout the day. Can also apply on the neck or rub well into the spine(dilution recommended).
2. Cedarwood. For promoting relaxation. Diffuse then rub into the bottom of the feet or dilute and apply to neck, wrists, neck, etc. This is a wonderfully calming oil and also great if your child is agitated or upset. It’s a wonderful oil to have in your home if you have a child prone to drama or tantrums (and also great for older boys who might not want to smell like a “girly” oil). (more…)
By Lauren Rashap
According to research presented by Dr. Mercola, there are “strong associations between excessive sugar consumption and rising rates of obesity, and major diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, and Alzheimer’s”. I always try to present in my newsletters that the easiest way to stay away from high sugar meals begins in the kitchen, cooking from scratch with whole foods, real foods. Adults, please be aware that heart disease is not only an adult disease, but high sugar diets are also a significant risk factor for cardiovascular disease in children. For those of you who have kicked your sugar habit, or are signing up today for on my easy ‘3-Day Sugar Cure Cleanse’, now it’s time to pass the gavel to your sugar-consuming children. (more…)